Creating reports from scratch for the first time can feel a bit complicated, because there is a great deal of flexibility. We recommend setting up a quick video call with your client success manager, if you're interested in starting to create your own reports. This article will provide an overview of the how the basic features work:
- If you are creating a new report, go to your Reports page, and click "Create Report." You can also edit an existing report by clicking "Manage - Edit Report"
2. Select the Data Sources (surveys, forms) from which you'd like data to pull in. You will not need to use ALL of the data from each, which you will be able to configure in future steps.
3. You may choose to filter the entire report to include data ONLY that matches certain attributes, like a certain school, role, grade, PD event, etc. Selecting multiple from a given list will show data from all selected. If you do not want to filter your report, simply leave all boxes un-checked.
4. There are many options for configuring the content of the report, depending on how you'd like to organize the information. You can drag and name your sections, include any widgets in any particular order, filter a given widget to show only certain information, etc. If you have not used this tool before, we recommend working with your client success manager to learn more about the many options for configuring your reports.
5. You may or may not want to anonymize your report. Select either random text, numbers or attributes (e.g. school) to show up in the report in the places where you would normally find names. If you do not want to anonymize, simply leave this section blank.
6. Finally, you can determine who will have access to this report. You can either type in individuals' names, type in the name of a group you've set up (which will add all individuals in that group to the report), or click "Share with All Members," which we recommend using sparingly, as this provides access to the report with all members who have access to KickUp.