What are event tags?
Event tags are sets of categories that can be assigned to any event in KickUp. You must have specific administrator permissions to manage tags for your organization.
Event tags show up in three core places, once set up:
- Event Managers will be able to associate any event with a set of tags.
- Users will then be able to search for and filter events based on tags in the "browse events" view.
- Administrators will be able to see analytics trends or filter reports based on tags. e.g. How are individuals responding to feedback in x event tag category?
Users can filter events by the tags within the Strategic Priority category. A user could also search by a tag.
A report can be filtered to view only PD feedback responses related to events with a specific tag.
Within the data report, the heatmap can be grouped to compare feedback about events with various tags.
Creating, Editing, and Managing Tags
1. Visit https://pulse.kickup.co/events/browse OR click on "Browse Events" from your home page.
2. Click Manage > Tags from your top menus.
3. You can create a new tag type by clicking the Create and you can edit and manage any of your existing tags by clicking on the tag name.
4. When editing a tag, you can add new tag values by clicking Add Tag.
Archiving and Unarchiving Tags
1. When you no longer need to use a tag for events (and do not want it to show up on future events), you can archive either a single tag value or a whole tag category but clicking on the three-dot menu > Archive beside a tag or tag category.
- Archiving a tag value or a tag type will remove it from any user facing filters, and users who are editing events will no longer be able to apply that tag value to events.
- If an event already has a tag that has been archived, that tag will still appear on that event. That tag can be removed, but once removed, it cannot be re-added to the event.
2. You can restore an archived tag by clicking "SHOW ARCHIVED" and using the three-dot menu to select "Unarchive."