In KickUp learning, staff attendance records can be updated to reflect hours or credits different from the default earned for a learning opportunity. This is helpful if, for example, an attendee should receive partial hours or credits for a learning opportunity due to leaving early or arriving late.
Anyone who has the Manage Attendance permission for a learning opportunity has the ability to override an individual attendee's hours or credits.
Overriding hours or credits for an attendee
1. Make sure you are on the relevant Opportunity's details page. Navigate to the Attendance tab, where you can view the list of participants who are registered and/or confirmed in an event.
2: Click the three-dot action menu on the far right to open the attendance record modal.
3: Click Edit Attendance
4. Click on the lock icon to “unlock” and make any of the fields for hours or credits editable.
5. Update the number of hours or credits for that staff member's attendance record. For hours, you can use increments like 1.5 which translates to 1 hour and 30 minutes.
6. For any hours or credit values you have changed, make sure the lock is in the unlocked state. Then, click Save.
Once updated, you will see an icon that will appear next to the hours and credits indicating that they were overridden. The numbers shown reflect the hours / credits that staff member has earned for this learning opportunity
Restoring hour and credit defaults
In a given staff member's attendance record, to "reset" an hour or credit's value back to the default granted for the learning opportunity:
1. Open the attendance record modal (steps 1-3 above).
2. Click the lock icon.
This means that given staff member's earned hours or credits must stay in an "unlocked" state to be different from the amounts granted by default for a learning opportunity.
Staff member view
If hours or credits have been overriden for a staff member, in their attendance log they will see the updated number of hours and credits they have earned. Any hours and credits that have been overriden from the default earned will display an icon indicating this difference.