Certain individuals within an organization or a team might be responsible for leading or supporting a group of coaches or observers. This article explains what a Lead is and how to set and configure their permissions on a Walkthrough or Coaching instance.
What is special about being a Lead in KickUp?
Each Lead can have a list of coaches or observers that is specific to that lead within that instance
Setting someone as a Lead in a Walkthrough or Coaching instance in KickUp allows them to see data submitted by the other specific coaches or observers that are on the Lead's list
Depending on the instance settings, being a Lead may also allow them to manage the rosters of the specific observers or coaches on their list, or even add more observers or coach to the instance. Read more about roster management settings here.
How to Add and Configure Leads
Follow these steps to make someone a lead and configure which coaches or observers they oversee:
1. Make sure you are in the Edit view within the coaching or walkthrough instance.
2. If the Lead is not already on the coach or observer list, click +Add .
3. Search for users by name or email and click on them to add them as a coach or observer.
4. Once added, click Done.
5. Use the search bar or scroll through pages to locate the individual in the coach/observer list.
6. Use the dropdown under Role to set the individual as a Lead.
7. Next to the role dropdown, click Add coaches or Add observers to modify whom this Lead oversees or supports.
8. Search for coaches or observers by name and click on them to add them to this Lead's list.
9. Click Done .